Blythe Waters Cherries Pool

Blythe Waters Cherries Pool
The home of our pairs league

Wednesday 26 December 2012

Staffs-Worc canal Hinksford Sunday 18/11/12

I am going to keep the next few blogs short & sweet in an effort to catch up as I am some 6 weeks behind, as I write this its Boxing day so a belated Merry Christmas to you all.
This was a Halesowen club match on the Staffs canal at Hinksford a stretch we use quite often with both the clubs I am in, I drew 3 pegs upstream of the bridge on a good peg which has threw up some good bags of fish in the past. I struggled early on while the 2 pegs to my right caught from the off with just the odd Roach coming to the punch it wasn't until the last hour and half before I started to catch some good fish on the caster down the track, Gary on the peg nearest to the bridge had caught all day from the off with mainly small punch fish but we didn't know what was going on else where. I put 5lb 7oz on the scales, Mark to my right had 4lb 4oz and Gary just done me with 5lb 10oz, when the lads came back from the bottom stretch saying that 4lb odd was the best weight that left Gaz and I first and second so not a bad day after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment