Blythe Waters Cherries Pool

Blythe Waters Cherries Pool
The home of our pairs league

Tuesday 9 October 2012

River Severn Severn Stoke Sunday 16/9/12

This would be my 3rd match on a river on the bounce and another that many of us had not fished for many years Severn Stoke which is inbetween Worcester and Tewksbury, the river a slow and deep here with the main targets Barbel & Bream and the Barbel down here run big many into double figures.
Too cut a long story short I had 1 bite in five hours a single Bream of 4lb 3oz which I had on the worm I had spent most of the day on the pellet or worm fishing for the Bream and Barbel, Andy below me blanked and Stu above me had 1 bite the same as me a 1lb 9oz skimmer, the match was rubbish with clear water it was a struggle with a few blanks recorded. The match was won on the red rock upstream by Terry with 11lb on the float with Chub & Roach which was his first win in the Halesowen club so well done to him, Baz Robson was 2nd with a Bream & Barbel for 10lb and 6lb of Roach & Perch was 3rd. There were 4 of us that had a single Bream but I was beaten by 1oz for the section by Ade who had 6 small Perch with his solo Bream, I had tried a maggot feeder right over and run a stick float through but even this failed to produce a bite, one to forget this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment